The company is a logistics service provider that provides integrated transport, warehousing and intermodal traffic for its customers. It offers continuous integrated transport solutions.
Period: April 2008 – August 2009
Sector: Logistics – Transport, Warehousing and Intermodal
Function: Interim Business Unit manager Warehousing & amp; Logistics
As Business unit manager responsible for the locations Kolham, Wildervank, Tilburg and Budapest. Total 100,000m2. Participation in a directional quarterly meeting. Participation in Management team. Budget and commercially responsible. Develop customer and supplier relationship. Direct management of planning, 2 team leaders and 5 foremen. Direct Fte 10 Fte. Total Fte 75 during peak. Selection of successor Business unit function and Warehouse Management function.
Implement process optimization and increase productivity. Lower complaint level. Developing reports. Setting up a management system.
Project manager for implementation of Sattstore WMS. [Consafe] Ensure correct project staffing, planning and financial management. Coordination with the production organization of the main customer for a smooth transition. Develop intercompany reports. Signaling problems in a timely manner and operating in a solution-oriented way during implementation. Consultation with internal ICT and customer ICT department regarding interfaces. Define criteria for newly developed Repack application. Adjusting the Business Intelligence Tool [QlikView] with Logistic Engineer.
- Complete value chain analysis performed
- succession for the position Warehouse manager and Business Unit manager
- Restore cooperation with key customer. 5 year contract extended
- Improving the general quality of Warehousing according to Lean principles
- Successful implementation of Sattstore WMS
- Achieve financial targets of at least 2.5% net margin.
- On Time and In Full: 99.5%, Picking accuracy: 99.5%
- Carrier performance: 85%, Load performance: 95%
- Stock Reliability: 99.9%, System Availability: 99.9%
- Product undamaged: 99.5%, Customer complaints: & lt; 0.2%