The company is a modern group of pastry shops with its own production and storage locations. The company, with a history of more than 227 years, offers a wide range of baking and pastry products.
Period: January 2007 – June 2007
Position: Warehouse Manager
As Warehouse manager responsible for optimizing the warehouse, aligning it with production and purchasing flows and outsourcing the distribution process.
The layout of the warehouse no longer met the desired storage capacity and handling performance. Due to the ongoing outsourcing of the intricate distribution that was carried out with our own vehicles, the functionality of the warehouse changed [docking]
The warehouse has been completely refurbished. New floors, rearrangement of storage, completely new racks and materials, closing of ten docks, changed physical flow layout to and from the production facilities.
The distribution, both equipment and personnel, has been transferred to a third party. This concerned a carrier with which the company has a long-term commitment.
Further optimization achieved by setting vendor rating, workfloor performance boards, applying Lean Warehousing, drawing up distribution models in collaboration with transporter.
- Complete value chain analysis performed
- Complete redesign of the warehouse
- Successful outsourcing and transfer distribution
- On time in Full to 99.6%
- Assessment and evaluation of personnel.
- Complete elimination of products beyond best before in warehouse
- Introduction of capacity and occupancy planning
- Complete elimination of structural overtime
- Increase in handling productivity by 22.5%
- Analysis and significant reduction of dead stock.