Through a global infrastructure of data centers and networks, the company manages ICT systems for international companies and public institutions. With offices in more than 20 countries, the company supports companies around the world and in all sectors – including automotive, telecommunications, finance, trade, services, media, energy, manufacturing, government agencies and healthcare.
Period: November 2010 – April 2011
Sector: Information technology
Job: Sr Management Consultant data migration
Realization of project management structures to enable global data migration from various systems to Sharepoint environment for oil company. The total data migration lead time was estimated at 2-4 years.
Project structure serves to connect the internationally established parties to facilitate preparation, analysis, migration and transfer. This concerned the data migration organization in India, testing and development in Germany and the client’s headquarters in Europe, America, Middle East and Far East. Project design took care of the control of all involved processes, capacity planning, project management monitoring, drafting functional requirements, migration monitoring and determining roles and responsibilities.
- Cross organization project structure set up
- Development of capacity plans for data migration ‘factory’
- Develops project management tools
- Full process description and redesign end-to-end project
- Consultancy service developed for client support during data migration
- Functional requirements drawn up for migration
- Migration criteria drawn up in consultation with customer