The company is a 1st-line air cargo handler that does physical cargo handling at Schiphol and Eindhoven. It has developed a unique logistics concept at the Schiphol Zuidoost cargo area. It carries out the integrated first and second line handling from a high-quality building located on airside. This concept is superior in terms of speed and control.
Period: January 2010– March 2010
Function: Warehouse Manager
During the discussions, it was determined that the quality and service of the company to its customers needs further development. The focus is on the management of the shop floor and the development of an effective reporting structure. The management must be concrete and hands-on and the reports must be developed in the short term.
Implementing quality assurance system to meet Abbott Laboratories Pharmaceutical industry’s very high Cold Chain requirements. Good Distribution Practice was taken as the starting point for this. Analyze and improve existing process flow. Training personnel on Cold Chain requirements in collaboration with Abbott. Setting up a sound system of procedures and processes. Implementing adjustments to goods flows on the shop floor. Separation of flows. Set up and audit supervision of cold store operation. Training staff on cold storage and cold pack use.
Operations Manager support and replacement. Participation in management consultation. Supervising pre audits and final audit. [passed without remark] Managing shift leaders and the Customs and Handling department. Total 50 Fte at peak. Immediately 7 fte.
- Staff trained on processes and procedures
- Redesign Warehouse layout according to Lean principles
- Successful audit and inclusion in Abbott’s Cold Chain
- Introducing time registration and productivity measurement processes
- Closing system on availability and maintenance of resources
- Introduction of management reporting
- KPI realization of: OTIF handling, Defeeding, dispatching, Productivity