The company is a logistics service provider that provides integrated transportation, warehousing and intermodal traffic for its customers. It offers continuous integrated transport solutions.
Period: April 2008 – Augustus 2009
Sector: Logistics – Transport, Warehousing en intermodal
Function: Interim Business Unit manager Warehousing & Logistics
As Business Unit Manager responsible for the locations Kolham, Wildervank, Tilburg and Budapest. Total 100.000m2. Participation in directional quarterly meeting. Participation in Management team. Budget and commercially responsible. Develop customer and supplier relationships. Direct control of planning, two team leaders and five shiftleaders. Direct FTEs 10 FTEs. Total FTEs 75 during peak. Selection successor business unit functions and Warehouse Management functions.
Implementation of process optimization and increased productivity. Lower level of complaints. Develop reports. Furnish management system.
Project implementation at SattStore WMS. [Consafe] Properly project staffing, planning and financial management. Coordination with production organization of major customers for smooth transition. Develop intercompany reports. Fast identification of problems and solution operations during implementation. Consultation with internal IT and customer IT department for interfaces. Defining criteria for newly developed Repack application. Balancing Business Intelligence Tool [QlikView] with Logistic Engineer.
- Full value chain analysis conducted
- succession for the position Warehouse Manager and Business Unit Manager
- Recovery co-operation with key customers. 5 year contract extension
- Improve overall quality of Warehousing according to Lean principles
- Successful implementation SattStore WMS
- Achieve financial targets of at least 2.5% net margin.
- On Time and In Full: 99.5% picking accuracy: 99.5%
- Carriers performance: 85%, Load performance: 95%
- Stock Reliability: 99.9% System Availability: 99.9%
- Product undamaged: 99.5% Customer complaints: <0.2%