Through a global infrastructure of data centers and networks, the firm manages IT systems for multinational corporations and public institutions. With offices in over 20 countries, the company supports companies throughout the world and in all industries – including automotive, telecommunications, finance, commerce, services, media, energy, manufacturing, government and healthcare.
Period: November 2010 – April 2011
Sector: Information technology
Function: Sr Management Consultant data migration
Realization of project management structures to enable global data migration from various systems into SharePoint environment for a major oil company. The overall data migration completion time was estimated to be 2-4 years.
Project structure serves to connect the international mainstream parties for the preparation, analysis, migration and transfer to run smoothly. This was the data migration organization in India, test and development caught some in Germany and the headquarters of the clients in Europe, America, Middle – and Far East. Project organization responsible for the management of all the processes involved in capacity planning, project monitoring, drafting functional requirements, migration control and define roles and responsibilities.
- Cross project organization structure developed
- Development capacity planning for data migration ‘factory’
- Project management tools developed
- Full process description and remodelling end-to-end project
- Consultancy service developed for client support during data migration
- Functional requirements established on behalf migration
- Migration criteria developed in consultation with customer