The company is a 1st line airfreight handler doing physical cargo handling at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Eindhoven. In the cargo area, Schiphol Southeast, she has developed a unique logistics concept. From a high quality property located on airside administers she handles the integrated first and second-line clearances. This concept is superior in terms of speed and control.
Period: Januar 2010– March 2010
Function: Warehouse Manager
During the interviews it has been established that the quality and service of the company to its customers needs further development. In addition, the focus is on the control of the shop floor and to the development of an effective reporting structure. The control needs to be concrete and hands on and the reports should be developed in the short term.
Implement quality system to meet the very high ‘Cold Chain’ requirements of Abbott Laboratories Pharmaceutical industry. This Good Distribution Practice was taken as a starting point. Analyse and improve existing process flow. Training staff on Cold Chain demand in close collaboration with Abbott. Furnish comprehensive system of procedures and processes. Adjustments made to the flow of goods on shop floor level. Furnish and audit guidance refrigerator operation. Training staff in cold storage and cold pack use.
Support and replacement of Operations Manager. Participation in management meetings. Supervising pre audits and final audit. [passed without remark] Leading shift leaders and department Customs and Handling. Total 50 FTEs at peak. Immediately 7 FTEs.
- Staff trained on processes and procedures
- Redesign Warehouse layout according to Lean principles
- Successful audit and inclusion in Cold Chain Abbott
- Introducing time, attendance and productivity measurement processes
- Closed loop system availability and maintenance of resources
- Introduction of management reporting
- KPI realization among others: OTIF handling, Defeeding, dispatching, Productivity